My Olympic Re-brand



Now firstly let me be clear.
This is not another angry visual moan about the much maligned London Olympic logo. I actually quite like it. My only gripe in that context so far is that the 'merch' providers have yet to offer a T-shirt with the standard logo on it in the original magenta form. I would buy this and, yes, I would wear it.

What this is though is an attempt to make us folk living in the Olympic boroughs feel a bit more connected to the actual events. Let's face it, none of us have tickets to see any of the official events, and yet this summer we will have to obtain tickets to enter one of our regular sunny day hostspots (Victoria Park) for the privilege of any kind of crowd atmosphere as we watch the games on a screen - lets hope we don't also lose the right to bring our own beer.......

It is an exciting event, I'm sure there will be a 'buzz' about Hackney, where I live, and in spite of a bit of upheaval, hopefully we can all get into the spirit a bit - lets also hope that the local businesses can cash in on the extra tourism.

This then, is for us.